Saturday, December 15, 2012

"The Problem is Choice"

So after a painful marathon of a conversation I think the Fiancee and I are on the same page...maybe. But the real test is whether or not I do something to loss the remaining support of my parents now that I am home on break. I'll see how much they like it when I say that yes we are having a Catholic wedding, no you can't come.

On the admission front, I am going to try and play the two schools off each other and see if either of them sweetens the deal. and I am waiting on a decision from U of Kentucky and Mizzou Law and will hopefully hear from them before Christmas.

Saturday, December 8, 2012

A wedding and my funeral

So, when they (they being the nebulous internet) say when someone wants to blog is to just start writing to this is what I'm doing. This will be the third restart of the blog and now it will serve to just keep me from going crazy in the echo chamber of my head as I prepare for law school in August and a wedding in July.

The law school pressure is not so much worrying if I will get in. I've already been accepted at two Tier Two schools. What is the problem is convincing the fiancee to start applying for teaching positions in the cities where the schools are, If she gets a position where I've already been accepted that would make the decision for me, regardless of what scholarship I would be getting.

The issue of the wedding is one of location and religion, mainly that location which already has a deposit paid for; cannot have a Catholic ceremony preformed at it. The whole crux of this is that her parents are not Catholic and one set of grandparents is not accepting of my Catholicism or the fiancee's conversion to Catholicism. So my parents are will be mad if we have a convalidation, and her parents will be mad for excluding her extending family because of a Catholic ceremony, us changing plans or for us running off.

Really the idea of running off is looking better and better and I just need to convince her that it is the best option.